30 June 2008

teh internets

I used to close Octane three or four nights a week, back when this blog first started. I'd usually come home around 1 or 2 in the morning, depending on how fast we got things cleaned up, and I'd settle in front of the computer screen with a bowl of cereal and lurk on blogs, facebook, and other random and mindless imagery. Tonight, I revisit those nights.

First I start with flickr. Kozy and Dan share their artistic explorations across the world. Deep sea diving and bunny fishes. I get to peek into faraway friends worlds.

Then I'm side swiped into seeing if true will update his blog. Nope.

And then I'll watch some stuff on small moving screens.



and then other sorts of hand games.



And then I end up watching this:



Unsolved mysteries, seriously being the creepiest show to watch as a kid but most entertaining as an adult, has an episode based in my home town??! Featuring the "Pizza Bandits"?! And on top of that, the person who uploaded this video added in an audio clip of someone rapping "Romper Room" which is a show my uncle worked on and had me shop up on as a tiny child.

The evening's internet rampages have ended. Good night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! No fair. I'm not slouching in teh internets. All my work is going into the shop blog.

http://voltacoffee.com/drupal/

Give me a call when you have a chance. I have a fun idea for the fall that I'd like to run by you.

Anonymous said...

show not shop....don't you hate it when people do this...fel9

danielle (atl) said...

fel9: thanks for the edit. apparently my attentiveness decreases after closin' up.

and true: sweet! I'll be lurking and calling you soon.

Sara Grace said...

hahahaha. maybe it was at a round table pizza. mmmmm. round table.