28 April 2008

not really going anywhere with this one.

Today I tasted the smell of burning leaves in a southern winter, where that aroma slips into your car through the cracks between the window and the doorframe while you're driving to your parent's house for thanksgiving dinner.
-intelligentsia's lapsang souchong

Getting to know the lay of the land, the weather, and the people. So quick to be out of university and so quick to forget these conversations that spring up about fundamental differences between freud and maslow, and the evil that is student loans. The college town is low in height, lower than athens, but spread out on a functional grid with Volta gracing somewhere near the center of town. Hello, college town.

I am going home tomorrow, a day too early, really. But it's necessary if I am to move to 180 with any efficiency... not to mention it would be nice to be well rested for SCAA. I am a little overwhelmed at the thought of putting together a million faces with a million names I've only familiarized myself with over the past year. I would place Coffee Fest 2007 in Atlanta as my first experience with the coffee community, so it's almost an anniversary for me to celebrate. A year in the making and so much farther to go.

Rambles today.

Did you know that expresso is a valid alternate for espresso? blasphemy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Did you know that expresso is a valid alternate for espresso?" Pure heresy, I say...Especially since I never pass up the opportunity to say "Espresso" with an emphasis on the first "s" just to be a jerk to people who say "ex"....does this make me a bad person?...or just a snob...fel9