09 August 2007

this city

cognitive dissonance - an unequal match of behaviors and attitudes in an individual

It is considered among many that cognitive dissonance is the root of anxiety. The lack of equilibrium one feels when they find themselves doing something that doesn't match their moral code or their general feelings towards that behavior can lead to disabling measures. So how do we deal with this? It happens to all of us, every day. We change our minds. It's easier to live in denial than face how you really feel about what you do.

"Well, I've lived in Atlanta this long without moving, so I must really enjoy it."




It's my last semester in school, and possibly my last six months in this city. I want to leave for Japan (and where ever else next) with the feeling that I did what I needed to do in this city.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would start by going to the Aquarium to see the belugas! I would do that soon. wink wink.