22 August 2007

team!

Until one particularly evil internet monopoly gets their act together, I am riding on one bar of neighbor WiFi (thank you m'lissa). So when you're waiting on a particular email from Counter Culture Coffee regarding the status of your email for Team CCC, and your cat Bruce finds a comfortable spot on your desk that makes that one bar disappear and not come back, the internet becomes a strangely precious resource.

Last night while toggling between options of Planet Earth or Frontline (a difficult choice, mind you), my mind wandered like a kid on Christmas Eve. Is it there yet? I should check, just in case. The internet is out. Wait, no, it's back. Bruce, don't move. Gmail. click.

And it was there. And I did it. I made it. I'm one-third Team Counter Culture.

I only quietly doubted my own passion or abilities to whether or not I was capable or dedicated enough. My real concern was if "they" were going to take me seriously. I appreciate their ability to see where I am coming from. Their understanding and my induction to the team lends me to an obscene amount of training time with mister owens, coffee and travel expenses, and the honorary aspects of teaming it up with Lem. Tomorrow I believe i will get to "meet" the other Team CCC member via teleportals.
Much to plan. My mind is a-spun with ideas. Soaring, really.


So now the true test begins: to finish my degree (a la mode) AND rule the SERBC.

3 comments:

...aly... said...

SOOOOOOOO stoked. Though, you know that this is only the beginning...
So many-many much-much more good things to come! I'm really looking forward to seeing you flourish...

Peter G said...

Really fired up to have you on the team!! You rock already and you will continue to rock, I am sure.

Thanks for your positivity and passion.

(posted from Amsterdam airport, sorry if there are weird letters or anything in this comment)

-peter g

Phil Proteau said...

Congradulations!

Go Trip' C