23 July 2007

three time zones later..

at this point what's left behind is a pocket full of gum wrappers and a backpack stuffed with coffee samples... and who knows when I'll be there again.

My last day was eventful. Lunch with Margaret and Billy at Paradox Cafe where ketchup comes with a side of potatoes. Delicious. I was so impressed throughout my entire stay with Portland's mass amount of vegan/veggie options. Or maybe I've just become less and less impressed with Atlanta's lack thereof. And I wonder why we cook so much at home... no complaints.

After lunch was more shopping, including buying a french press and a half pound of don pachi for my aunt and uncle, and a cup of the gondo on the clover. mmm. despite the amount of caffeine I consumed on this trip, I managed to take "power naps" of two hours long every afternoon... after this one though I managed to round myself up for a trip downtown with M when she went to work. Jeremy and I met up for a drink at The Living Room to see Inconscientes (Unconsciousness). A beautiful space, but definitely more ritzy than I imagined... A jazz band was performing as we left.

A martini at Masu and an afterparty at the Doug Fir Lounge.. a busy night but a great way to end it all. Despite Doug Fir's douche-quality of a croud, I couldn't help but think I was at the Great Northern of Twin Peaks, but with a 50's era twist. Speaking of which, my plane flew over Twin Peaks on the way to Baltimore.

Columbia, MD is my home for the next week. And it feels like home. Sandwiches brought to us at the pool, TV after dinner, myspace.com blocked from parental controls.

the eve of a thirteenth bithday has never been so refreshing.
pictures to come in days.

No comments: