29 June 2007

atlanta. so hot right now. atlanta.

Today I sent out my official notice to my co-workers at Ripple that I am leaving them for coffee. It's bittersweet, but I'm tired of keeping my fingers in so many different ponds. I think that's the phrase...

So now I'm shifting to mornings and mids here at El Octane and working on the other accessories I bring to the table. Looks like M'Lissa has cuppings starting next week here at our shop, and I'm also planning to begin my Barista Certification! I'd like to at least have the first part finished before I make my way to Portland (July 14th).

I'm slightly intimidated /slash/ uber-excited about this trip to Portland. Not only am I seeing old friends from days gone by, but getting to spend time with equally enthused coffeers I think will be that extra shot of motivation I need to get me through this never ending summer heat.

ira-ira-desu >> David LaMont gave me this word to describe this anxious, agrivated feeling the heat brings

In other news, Octane Summer Bash 2007 is at mine and Alyssa's house next weekend for all Octettes and friends. Brews, barbeque, and debauchery for all who are willing to endure the heat. With M'lissa and Chris all moved in next door, I'm sure there will be plenty of places to cool off (YES! They are finally moved in. Sweet neighborhood coffee lovin' in Lake Claire/Kirkwood). So fly in for the weekend and party with Octane once again.

No comments: