21 December 2007

new mew

I'm still on the group mailing list for 88 DJs, and so I'm still receiving lists of what's in rotation at the moment, who needs a shift covered, and managerial ramblings. Despite the extended connection, I've been spending more time tuned into Georgia Tech's student station, WREK. Wednesday nights they feature a couple of shows that seemlessly flow into one another, and this week it was an "electronic" segment followed drone. During this time I was introduced to a new favorite- AOKI takamasa. The record the DJ played from was 28, a record of AOKI Takamasa with Tujiko Noriko.



Yes, they're so Japanese.

To some it may seem passe, but I still have room in my heart for glitchy dream synthesizers and airy female vocals.



Also,
Youngblood Gallery&Boutique now carries Tamp That aprons :)

No comments: