10 December 2007

88 daze

Today marks my last time going on air as a dj for the georgia state radio station WRAS Album 88. After 3 years of volunteering, it is time to say goodbye. I've been through 4 GMs: Amre, Matt, Cassie, and Bryce. With each year, the new GM comes along with a throng of new music directors, and subsequently different styles of music. Today, I will not play their music. I will have an extended set of four hours to play my favorites of favorites (within FCC boundaries). Please, if you can reach 88.5 on your FM dial, tune in and call (404 413 WRAS). drop a hello. It's NOON to 4PM. see you then. and au revoir.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you make an aircheck recording? I'd love to be able to hear your choices for your final set...

danielle (atl) said...

I've made a screenshot of the playlist... check it out here.

I found it extremely difficult to limit myself to four hours. I left out a lot of important stuff; but alas... it is over.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant set! The Residents and Madlib. What more can one say. I want you to come down and DJ the opening party for Volta.

danielle (atl) said...

sure! as long as I can be a laptop DJ. my record collection is limited to B movie soundtracks circa 1970.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing that you'll be in Japan when we open-- how about a laptop with an open skype video connection and a playlist?

danielle (atl) said...

You should probably just delay the opening. Ha!

I actually get back Feb 16th, so maybe we'll get lucky!